This creamy spiced latte combines the grassy notes of matcha with aromatic chai spices for a match made in heaven.
No need to choose between your favorite lattes. This recipe combines the best of both worlds, using antioxidant-rich matcha tea along with warm spices like cinnamon and allspice. The spices to create this matcha-chai are readily available at most grocery stores.
Although chai recipes can vary, most will always contain ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice. These spices each contain their own health benefits to promote a healthy body.
- Ginger is excellent for aiding in digestion as well as supporting the body’s anti-inflammatory response.
- Cinnamon supports healthy blood sugar balance and promotes satiety.
- Allspice is often used to combat bloat and indigestion and even nausea.
- Nutmeg helps support circulation and contains antibacterial compounds.
- Cardamom may help soothe upset stomach and help with stomach related ailments.
Matcha green tea is loaded with antioxidants because of its high concentration of chlorophyll, the green pigment that gives matcha its vibrant color. Matcha is especially high in chlorophyll because it’s grown in the shade resulting in less photosynthesis and increased chlorophyll. Chlorophyll aids the body in making hemoglobin which carries oxygen throughout the body. When the body is well oxygenated, circulation as well as other body functions are able to operate optimally.
Matcha Chai Latte
- 1 sachet Pique sun goddess matcha
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cardamom
- Pinch of ground allspice
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Combine sun goddess matcha tea crystals, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom and allspice in a small bowl and whisk to mix.
- Heat water over medium heat until steaming. Whisk in spice mixture and honey. Pour into a mug and top with frothed almond milk. Enjoy!
Recommended for this recipe:
Pique Sun Goddess Matcha
The world’s purest matcha, crafted to the highest standards of the finest ceremonial grade matcha. Designed for mindfulness. A mug full of zen.