Quench your thirst and get a boost of antioxidants from this tart, sweet and earthy matcha lemonade. It’s the perfect way to perk up your day with focused energy!
Matcha green tea takes ordinary lemonade to the next level. It’ll leave you feeling revived and energized with just a small amount of added sweetener compared to traditional lemonade.
Matcha tea crystals contain an amino acid called l-theanine that helps support a calm energy. Think focused-alert as opposed to the jittery-anxious feeling you may experience from coffee. Matcha is rich in antioxidants as indicated by its vibrant deep green color. Chlorophyll gives matcha tea its bright color and is 5 times more concentrated in matcha than in traditional green tea.
More About Matcha
- Aids in digestion
- Helps support healthy gut microbiome
- Increases satiety and supports healthy weight management
- Rich in vitamin-c
- Contains antioxidants like polyphenols and flavonoids to help support a healthy immune system.
This tea variety is known for its earthy, grassy flavor. While it’s delicious on its own, matcha pairs great in creamy or tart drinks to complement its grassy flavor. A little bit of agave nectar brings a sweet balance to the flavor of matcha.
Freshly squeezed lemon juice adds a tart, sunny flavor as well as a hefty amount of vitamin-c. Strain fresh lemon juice through a strainer to remove pulp and seeds for a smooth lemonade.
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp agave nectar
- 1 sachet Pique Sun Goddess Matcha
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- Lemon wheel
- Dissolve matcha tea in filtered water and stir well. Set aside. Stir together fresh lemon juice and agave nectar in a 12 oz. glass. Add ice. Pour matcha tea over ice and garnish with lemon wheel. Enjoy!
Recommended for this recipe:
Pique Sun Goddess Matcha
The world’s purest matcha, crafted to the highest standards of the finest ceremonial grade matcha. Designed for mindfulness. A mug full of zen.