These easy to make tropical fruit parfaits are 4 layers of flavor with good-for-you ingredients that deliver antioxidants and vitamins. Because they only contain a small amount of sugar, enjoy them for breakfast or dessert!
Layer on the Flavor
The first layer of the parfaits starts by making passion fruit gelatin. Gelatin, passion fruit tea crystals, honey and passion fruit pulp are combined with hot water before chilling until firm. Grass fed gelatin contains amino acids that are the building blocks for healthy skin, tissue and help maintain strong joints, especially as we age.
Passion fruit is rich in antioxidant vitamins A and C that help support healthy cells and reduce free radicals along with the damage they cause. Not to worry if passion fruit is hard to come by where you live—passion fruit pulp containing the inside of a passion fruit can be purchased easily online or in specialty markets. Inside the fruit is where the tart juice is and its crunchy edible seeds.
Passion fruit tea crystals blend effortlessly into recipes for signature tea flavor along with tropical notes. These tea crystals are made with green tea adding catechins for gut support and l-theanine for calm, focused energy.
Coconut milk yogurt is available in most grocery stores and is a great alternative to dairy-based yogurt for those with sensitivities. Yogurt is full of probiotics to support a healthy gut microbiome.
Kiwi fruit contains heaps of vitamin-c (more than an orange). It’s the ideal fruit to enjoy for immune-system defense and is easy to find year round. Although it seems like a summer fruit, kiwi is at its peak flavor in late fall from November-January.
To add crunchy texture to the smoothness of the other layers, oat crumble is added on top of the parfait. You’ll only need three simple ingredients to make the oat crumble; oats, butter and a touch of maple syrup. Together they bake until golden brown before being added to the parfaits.
Passion Fruit and Kiwi Parfaits
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp grass fed gelatin
- 1 sachet Pique passion fruit tea crystals
- 2/3 cup passion fruit pulp
- 1 tbsp honey
- 10 oz. coconut milk yogurt
- 1 cup peeled chopped kiwi
- Oat crumble topping
For Oat Crumble Topping
- 2/3 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter softened
- Add water to a saucepan and heat over medium heat. When water is steaming hot, whisk in gelatin and tea crystals until dissolved. Remove from heat and stir in passion fruit pulp and honey. Divide between 2 small glasses or jars. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until gelatin has set.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and line a small baking sheet with parchment paper. Add 1/2 a cup of oats to a food processor and pulse a few times to break up oats into small pieces. Transfer pulsed oats to a medium mixing bowl and add remaining oats, butter and maple syrup. Stir well.
- Spread mixture on baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes. Cool at room temperature 10 minutes.
- Top passion fruit layer with coconut yogurt followed by chopped kiwi and the oat crumble. Store parfaits covered in refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
Recommended for this recipe:
Pique Passion Fruit Green Tea
A tropical infusion of your daily catechins. Lush and refreshing.