This satisfying salsa is the perfect snack for hot summer days. With grilled juicy peach flavor and hints of robust black tea, this salsa is packed with antioxidants!
A homemade fresh fruit and veggie salsa is a great way to use up your bounty of produce from your summer garden. This salsa is very versatile so feel free to add fresh mint, parsley, basil, minced bell pepper, and any types of tomatoes.
This fruity salsa is infused with ginger-peach black tea crystals that support healthy digestion with a prebiotic called theaflavin. Antioxidants in black tea help cells defend against free radical damage, especially important during the summer months when the sun is strongest.
For this recipe tomatoes take a backseat to seasonal peaches that are first grilled, sealing in deep grilled flavor. Peaches are a good source of vitamin C, known for its skin-supporting benefits like reducing hyperpigmentation and fighting damage from the sun and free radicals. No need to remove the fiber-rich skin of the peaches after grilling.
Tomatoes contain a unique antioxidant called lycopene. Heirloom, Roma, and Campari tomatoes are all excellent for this salsa.
Jalapeño adds a spicy kick of heat to the salsa while onion and cilantro and herb flavor that salsa is known for. A little bit of cumin adds a smoky, earthy flavor to the salsa that complements the fruity peaches. You can also grill your jalapeno before chopping and adding it to the salsa for a more smoky flavor.
This salsa is perfect served with crunchy tortilla chips, but it can also be served with your favorite grilled fish or chicken as part of a summer entree. This salsa is best enjoyed the same day for the freshest flavor.
- 4 ripe peaches halved and pits removed
- 1 tsp olive oil for brushing
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tbsp minced jalapeño
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 sachet Pique Peach Ginger black tea
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Heat an outdoor grill or grill pan to medium heat. Grease lightly with cooking oil. Brush peaches with olive oil and place on grill cut side down. Grill for 4-5 minutes. Remove from grill and cool for 5 minutes.
- Chop peaches and add to a medium mixing bowl. Add tomatoes, onion, jalapeño, cilantro, tea crystals, cumin and salt. Stir well to combine. Serve salsa with tortilla chips for dipping.
Recommended for this recipe:
Pique Peach Ginger Black Tea
Made with superior English Breakfast black tea for sustained energy. Theaflavins for prebiotic gut support. Caffeine + l-theanine for calm and steady focus.