This sweet and satisfying salad is full of ripe fruit and a white tea syrup for a snack or side dish that’s bursting with antioxidants!
Fruit salad evokes thoughts of warm days with seasonal fruit that hydrates and refreshes. When it comes to making a fruit salad, the possibilities are endless. Look for fruit that is ripe, yet not soft or bruised. Feel free to experiment and try exotic fruit like tuscan melon or dragon fruit.
Certain fruits like pears and apples aren’t ideal for fruit salad because they tend to brown quickly after being sliced. Fruits that range from sweet to tart make a fruit salad interesting and delicious with health benefits to boot.
Watermelon is hydrating and rich in lycopene, helping to support healthy cells from the inside out.
Honeydew melon is rich in vitamin-K and folate, protecting bones and keeping them strong.
Cantaloupe contains vitamin-C and potassium for heart health as well as keeping the immune system healthy.
Strawberries are high in vitamin-C and antioxidants that support healthy skin and brain function.
Grapes help promote healthy cholesterol and help defend against oxidative stress. Green or red grapes are equally delicious in fruit salad.
Pineapple is not only rich in vitamin-C but also contains a powerful anti-inflammatory called bromelain.
Fresh herbs like basil and mint complement the sweetness of the fruit salad and add their own benefits like supporting digestion and oral health.
Other delicious fruit to add include:
- Sliced peaches
- Diced mango
- Sliced kiwi
White peony tea is stirred into the honey syrup with tangy lemon juice, adding floral notes and antioxidants. White tea is less oxidized than green or black tea, preserving its beneficial catechins that help support the immune system and help your body fight cell damage. This is why you’ll often see white tea used as a key ingredient to combat aging. White tea also aids in digestion and provides a calm energy with moderate caffeine.
Fruit Salad with White Peony Honey Syrup
For White Peony Syrup
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup raw unfiltered honey
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 sachet Pique White Peony Tea
For Fruit Salad
- 1 cup cubed seedless watermelon
- 1 cup cubed honeydew melon
- 1 cup cubed cantaloupe
- 1 cup red or green grapes
- 1 cup halved strawberries
- 1 cup cubed pineapple
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped basil
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- Heat water, lemon juice and honey in a saucepan over low heat. Whisk to combine. Bring to a simmer and simmer for 6 minutes to reduce slightly.
- Remove from heat and whisk in tea crystals. Transfer to a small jar and refrigerate until chilled.
- Combine ingredients for fruit salad in a large bowl or platter. Drizzle with chilled syrup and toss gently. Top with fresh basil and mint. Serve right away.
Recommended for this recipe:
Pique White Peony
Queen of teas. Rare and superior antioxidant content. Reliable immune support + energy.