This naturally sweetened smoothie is full of liver-supporting ingredients that help support proper function to this vital organ with delicious flavor from fruity hibiscus tea.
Beets are not only a tasty root vegetable, they also contain enzymes that help support healthy liver function. Beets are also a great source of fiber which helps support digestion, expelling waste from the body.
- Beetroot powder is a concentrated source of beet’s benefits and makes a convenient way to add more of this powerful vegetable to your diet.
- Beets are an excellent source of vitamin C, supporting the immune system and fighting free radical damage.
- High in nitric oxide, supporting respiratory and cardiovascular health.
Adding to the liver supporting benefits of this smoothie is another important ingredient: dandelion greens. These greens come from the pesky weed you see growing in the grass during warmer months, but it’s actually a very potent and under-appreciated plant with everything from its root to the flower having health benefits.
The bitterness of dandelion greens helps the liver stimulate stored bile to help eliminate toxins. The chlorophyll in dandelion greens is also super beneficial to the liver. The greens can be used in tea, salads, sautéed in olive oil or added to your favorite smoothies.
Beet powder and half of a ripe frozen banana balance the bitterness of the greens with their sweetness.
Arugula can also be used in this smoothie instead of dandelion greens for liver support.
Hibiscus tea crystals are bursting with a juicy tart flavor similar to raspberries and pomegranate. The hibiscus tea brings tartness to the smoothie as well as antioxidants that help fight free radical damage throughout the body as well as the liver.
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 a ripe frozen banana
- 2 tsp beetroot powder
- 1 sachet Pique Hibiscus Beauty Elixir
- 1/2 cup packed dandelion greens
- Combine ingredients for smoothie in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. Pour into a tall glass and enjoy!
Recommended for this recipe:
Pique Hibiscus Beauty Elixir
Like a rosy-cheeked glow that’ll have you feeling flirty. Revitalizing and caffeine-free. Make your cells dance.